Energy-Storage.news publisher Solar Media will host the inaugural Energy Storage Awards this September, recognising excellence, hard work and innovation in the European energy storage industry.
Following on from nearly a decade of industry news and insight from Energy-Storage.news, and a series of highly acclaimed conferences including the Energy Storage Summits in London and Texas running for almost as long, the awards are perhaps the strongest indication yet that energy storage is here, and here to stay.
Enjoy 12 months of exclusive analysis
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Annual digital subscription to the PV Tech Power journal
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Energy storage will be one of the most important technologies of the 21st Century – perhaps it already is – giving us all the best means to integrate renewable energy and maintain stability of a cleaner, more secure and more affordable energy system.
These awards will shine a light on the very best of this most important of industries, and give us all a chance to celebrate how far it has come; while never losing sight that this progress really just marks the beginning of something far bigger.
About the awards
Entries will be chosen by a panel of expert judges from industry and academia, including folks from the European Association for Storage of Energy (EASE), BloombergNEF and the Faraday Institution.
Entries can be for any projects, initiatives or developments which have been carried out, completed, or major milestones achieved between 1 June 2022 and 31 July 2023.
We wanted the categories to reflect the broad depth of the industry, from significant projects and scalable innovations, to the people that make it what it is.
Deadline for entries is 21 July 2023. The awards ceremony will take place at Park Plaza London Riverbank, London, on 28 September 2023.
For 2023’s first edition of the annual event, there will be 12 award categories:
- Developer of the year
- System integrator of the year
- Trading and optimisation team of the year
- Product of the year
- Breakthrough R&D/Innovation of the year
- Newcomer/start-up of the year
- Challenge of the year
- Grid-scale standalone energy storage project of the year
- Grid-scale co-located or hybrid energy storage project of the year
- Distributed energy storage project of the year
- Outstanding contribution to energy storage
- Grid operator-led project of the year
For more details, including how to enter, eligibility criteria and more, visit the official website here.