Energy-Storage.news proudly presents our webinar with IHI Terrasun, where we hear ‘What experts think you should know about UL9540 codes and standards for battery storage’.
With the growth of energy storage, standards for testing of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) have been evolving also.
Enjoy 12 months of exclusive analysis
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Annual digital subscription to the PV Tech Power journal
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The presentation will feature experts in the field who perform testing and certification work at different stages, including in the design of technical standards for testing and in the lab to verify testing.
The webinar covers:
- The latest changes to the UL9540 Codes and Standards and how those changes apply to large-scale and distributed generation energy storage projects in the design phase, in testing and for field certification.
- How to safeguard battery energy storage systems to ensure they meet the requirements for fire and explosion protection.
- An overview of UL9540A testing.
- A discussion on how test results are utilised.
- Common issues related to the design of energy storage safety systems.
Speakers in this webinar:
Larry Kane, VP of engineering and projects, IHI Terrasun
Carrie Kaplan, energy storage safety practice lead, DNV
Mark Kellenberger, senior engineer, DNV
Steve Douglas, senior technical codes specialist, QPS
Andy Colthorpe, Editor, Energy-Storage.news
You can also access the recording for ‘What experts think you should know about UL9540 codes and standards for battery storage’ on-demand on the site and receive presentation slide deck (registration required), at the link here.