With the growth of energy storage, standards for testing of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) have been evolving also. The presentation will feature experts in the field who perform testing and certification work at different stages, including in the design of technical standards for testing and in the lab to verify testing.
The webinar will cover:
- The latest changes to the UL9540 Codes and Standards and how those changes apply to large-scale and distributed generation energy storage projects in the design phase, in testing and for field certification.
- How to safeguard battery energy storage systems to ensure they meet the requirements for fire and explosion protection.
- An overview of UL9540A testing.
- A discussion on how test results are utilised.
- Common issues related to the design of energy storage safety systems.