Energy-Storage.news proudly presents this sponsored webinar with Saft, discussing the growing role of digitalisation in the operation of energy storage system (ESS) assets.
Data management and digitalisation enable the successful operation of large battery energy storage systems (ESS), from existing use cases to future applications. In times of uncertain and quickly changing market conditions, these technologies and the benefits they can provide to ESS operators have become essential.
Enjoy 12 months of exclusive analysis
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Annual digital subscription to the PV Tech Power journal
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
It begins with an overview of different data categories and the challenges and solutions in data acquisition and transmission required to create a digital twin of the ESS.
The panellists then show examples of different applications enabled by data management for multi-megawatt ESS composed of many physically distinct, containerised storage units, virtually combined and orchestrated into single functional entities.
The main focus is on predictive functions:
- Predictive maintenance enabled through data mining
- Predictive ageing for historical and future operational patterns
- Anticipating ESS behaviour under evolving operational scenarios
The webinar provides an in-depth understanding of the challenges and opportunities linked to digitalisation for ESS owners and operators.
Illustrated with examples from real-world, operational systems, learn what to expect from a state-of-the-art energy storage system and how to specify data management requirements from an end-user perspective.
Michael Lippert, director of innovations and solutions for energy at Saft
Kristin Schumann, deputy manager of the energy storage system team at TotalEnergies
Stephane Alaimo, digital software developer, Saft
Arnaud-Guillhem de Loze, ESS product manager, Saft
Carlos Hein, director of global services, Saft
Presented by Energy-Storage.news editor Andy Colthorpe