Energy-Storage.news is proud to present our sponsored webinar with GridBeyond, where we discuss risk and reward in the battery storage market with a particular focus on the UK.
Battery storage investors, navigating the complexities of tolls, floors, and merchant models, are witnessing a shifting landscape in the sector.
Enjoy 12 months of exclusive analysis
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Annual digital subscription to the PV Tech Power journal
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
As the energy storage market matures, there is a discernible trend suggesting increasing investor comfort with associated risks. While tolling arrangements and floor prices act to provide a predictable income, the merchant model, where revenues are tied to market prices, introduces an element of risk but also the potential for higher returns.
As stakeholders gain a deeper understanding of the risk-return dynamics within the battery storage sector, a more balanced and informed investment landscape emerges. This trend signifies a maturing market where investors are progressively embracing the potential of grid-scale battery assets while strategically managing associated risks.
In this webinar we explore:
- Key considerations for securing financing and investment for BESS assets
- Trends in price floors and insurance products
- Commercial perspectives around operating and optimising battery storage assets
- The importance of market forecasting, revenue stacking, dispatch optimisation, and auction bidding strategies in ensuring that battery storage assets achieve their full value potential
Scott Berrie, asset development director at GridBeyond
Charles Pearce, head of commercial products at Zenobe Energy
Henry Easterbrook, CEO at Fig Power
Register to view the webinar in full and receive presentation slides from the on-demand section of Energy-Storage.news in the coming days, where you can also watch all of our other webinars, free.
Energy-Storage.news’ publisher Solar Media will host the 9th annual Energy Storage Summit EU in London, 20-21 February 2024. This year it is moving to a larger venue, bringing together Europe’s leading investors, policymakers, developers, utilities, energy buyers and service providers all in one place. Visit the official site for more info.