Energy-Storage.news proudly presents our webinar with CSA Group, looking at the impact of updates to UL 1973, a key standard for energy storage system (ESS) safety.
This critical standard for manufacturers has recently been updated to its 3rd edition. The scope of the standard encompasses cells, battery modules, battery packs/racks and battery management systems.
Enjoy 12 months of exclusive analysis
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Annual digital subscription to the PV Tech Power journal
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Understanding these updates is vital for manufacturers as they plan milestones and time-to-market for their products.
This session discussed:
- Updates to the UL 1973 standard; considering key requirements that have been updated or modified, which energy storage manufacturers need to be aware of and understand.
- The various functional requirements in the standard covering safety critical controls.
Speakers in this webinar:
Scott Daniels, head of energy storage and power at CSA Group. Scott is an emerging technology and advanced energy resources professional with over 20 years of experience in the energy and clean technology sectors.
Michael Becker, technical specialist for energy storage at CSA Group. Michael is a compliance and technical expert in the field of energy storage and systems engineering and has participated in the standards development process for applicable energy storage standards such as UL 9540 and NFPA 855.
Our webinar includes short presentations from the speakers, followed by a Q&A discussion.
You can also view the webinar on-demand. It’s free and all registrants receive the presenters’ slide deck. Register for access here.