There are now just three weeks left to nominate your projects for the Solar Power Portal and Energy-Storage.News Awards 2018.
The nomination window for the SPP & ESN Awards 2018 slams shut at midnight on Thursday 31 May 2018 – three weeks today – after which submissions will no longer be accepted.
The Solar Power Portal Awards returns for its sixth year in 2018 with an expanded set of categories. The evening will once again be host to up to 600 clean energy professionals from the UK and beyond, with 14 prizes up for grabs at a glittering gala dinner ceremony.
For the first time this year’s Awards will give energy storage equal footing, with Solar Media's UK site Solar Power Portal sharing the stage with Energy-Storage.News.
The Awards will also continue to coincide with Solar Media’s Solar & Storage Live exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC in England. Preparations are well underway for this year’s ceremony on Wednesday, 17th October 2018. Last week, Solar Media announced the 2018 host to be none other than renowned architect and TV personality George Clarke.
Here are the applicable categories, including two all-new awards for energy storage industry endeavours.
- Storage Business Model Innovation of the Year [NEW]
- International Storage Project of the Year [NEW]
- Utility-scale Storage Project of the Year
- C&I Storage Project of the Year
- Residential Storage Project of the Year
- Best in-house solar design award [NEW]
- Contractor of the Year
- Product Innovation
- O&M Provider of the Year
- Transaction of the Year [NEW]
- International PV Installation of the Year
- Community Solar Installation of the Year
- Ground-mount Solar Installation of the Year
- Commercial Rooftop Solar Installation of the Year
- Residential Rooftop Solar Installation of the Year
How to Enter – Five Easy Steps
Interest and submissions for this year’s awards have been strong, with nominations in the O&M Contractor, Product Innovation and Residential Storage Installation categories already exceeding last year’s records.
Submitting your project or company for consideration could not be simpler and can be completed following five easy steps.
- First, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2018 microsite.
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area.
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new'.
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps.
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’.
Following the close of nominations, a month-long judging process will commence before shortlists are published in the first week of July. As ever, all shortlisted companies will be contacted beforehand with details of how to arrange their two complimentary tickets to the awards ceremony.
Those attending the black tie gala event will gain entry the evening drinks reception, three-course meal, awards ceremony and evening entertainment.