Energy-Storage.News (then PV Tech Storage) reported on and filmed the installation of a lithium-ion battery storage and monitoring system at a UK Passivhaus in mid-2014. Image: Fergus March.
The Clean Energy and Solar Power Portal Awards sponsored by Trina Solar, an annual celebration of the PV industry from Energy-Storage.News’ UK-based publisher, Solar Media, will include residential energy storage as a category for the first time this October.
The awards event returns for its fourth successive year and will be co-located with the inaugural Clean Energy Awards, established to celebrate the successes of the wider clean technology space.
Nominations deadline is 30 June.
The Passivhaus with owner / architect Richard Hawkes, who installed a battery in 2014. Image: Fergus March.
Residential Energy Storage Project
International and domestic players are bringing energy storage products to the UK already. The territory has been identified as a key strategic market for the likes of Germany’s Sonnen, Enphase and Tesla from the US and domestic companies like start-up Moixa and the country’s “greenest utility”, Ecotricity.
Proud owners of Powerwalls have been showing them off on social media [pictured] while a number of trial deployments have seen aggregated residential storage systems of various kinds, including heat batteries, deployed by communities and network operators.
An individual installation done particularly well, or with historical significance, or residential installations grouped together as one project are equally likely to be considered for this year’s first-ever award.
Do you have a project that you want to shout about? Enter your project now for the 2016 Solar Power Portal Awards.
- Click where prompted to nominate
- Create a profile by clicking ‘Login’ in the navigation bar, and inputting all the required information. Once logged in, you will be able to see information on all this year’s categories and judging criteria
- Log in to your online account and under the submissions tab, click “add new”
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click “save and submit”.
The Awards dinner will be held on Wednesday 5th October 2016 at the Hilton Metropole NEC. Tickets can be booked by contacting Stuart Bradshaw.